The mission of the Q Foundation Scholarship Fund (QFSF) is to award annual college or trade school scholarships to qualified children of incarcerated parent(s).
Each QFSF recipient receives a Scholarship to offset the cost of tuition ranging from $2,000 to $5,000. Scholarships are renewable up until the 5th year of undergraduate studies.
Leadership Conference – Our annual Conference continues molding these exceptional Scholars into community leaders. We support their personal and professional development through a rigorous series of workshops and events. Scholars receive professional development training, Executive mentoring, and peer networking opportunities each year. QFSF thereby empowers proven youth leaders to undertake future management roles benefiting their respective communities.
QFSF recruits Volunteer Executive Mentors for each Scholar who seeks one.
QFSF partners with Socially Responsible Corporations to provide Scholars paid internships during the summer. Scholars hone their skills and begin acclimating to the corporate business environment. Businesses benefit by drawing from our pool of qualified, high-achieving minority Scholars. Our communities benefit through increased corporate awareness of the advantages talented minorities bring to their workforce.
QFSF provides laptops and computer software to all Freshmen to support their studies. (* Does not include Trade School Certification)
- Applicants must be a US citizen.
- Applicants must maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.5 (C+) on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need, and socio-economical disadvantages in pursuit of their Trade Certification, Associates and/or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Applications will be judged on the following criteria: compelling essays, academic achievement, evidence of leadership and community service.
- Applicants must be a child/dependent of an incarcerated parent or parents.
Applications are due no later than August 1, 2018. Please contact us for more information.
Pre-apply for the Q Foundation Scholarship by completing the form below: