As you know, employment provides us with greater economic independence, a sense of productivity and worth, and a chance to interact with the world around us. This is particularly true for individuals with records who all too often remain outside of the mainstream. Many people previously incarcerated or with criminal records need additional support and assistance in order to navigate and be a part of the workforce.
This program provides guidance and support through the employment process from start to finish by assessing potential employees’ strengths, teaching them how to seek employment, and supporting them once they have secured a job. All of our activities are geared toward building self-confidence, creating opportunities for personal growth, and fostering independence.
For potential employers: Our staff works closely with the hiring employer to resolve any employee-specific issues; this helps to enhance the work experience and long-term employ-ability.
Our supportive services include:
- Job Readiness & Retention training
- Vocational assessment
- Vocational Certifications (Partnering Agencies)
- Job coaching and job search assistance
- On-the-job coaching
- Transportation training & bus passes
- Socialization development with peers and the community
- Fostering greater independence through life coaching
- Money management & Credit Education
- Staffing services (Provided in partnership with hiring employers)
Ask about our entrepreneurship training!
If interested, please fill out the form below. A QFI representative will contact you with more information.